Skyping with NZ

First face to face conversation with Leigh in New Zealand… how amazing is that.  We have messaged through scrabble for a couple of years now and here is how it all began.  Just playing on line scrabble with random people, Leigh and I just seemed to hit it off and one night in 2009 I was in serious pain from a suspected broken rib and developed a fever.  It was the middle of the night and Leigh became very concerned about me and took me to task!  Her support while I phoned NHS Direct and got to see a doctor in the early hours was just what was needed and all from the other side of the world – the wonders of the Internet!  This morning, we saw each other for the very first time on Skype and chatted like old friends (well not so much of the old!).  Get on and book those flights she said…..

This entry was posted in New Zealand. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Skyping with NZ

1. admin says:

Leigh chatted while playing scrabble this evening…..
    “a friend also has offered you to stay with her a few days, she is in the country, an old age hippy, lives with her husband in a self made mud brick house on about 12 acres which she has planted herself with natives. You will enjoy the foliage down there……”

2. Leigh Hynes says:

haha I remember that day, well it was day for me! Bossy boots wasnt I?

3. Leigh Hynes says:

And I have started making plans. Coromandel, Waikanae, Wellington, perhaps Picton and thats just while I am on my 2 week break.

• Mo says:

It is so exciting checking out all these interesting and beautiful places. I would like to take the opportunity to post up some links for my family see and I’m so looking forward to being there in person: Coromandel, Waikanae (and thank you for the pronunciation). Picton and Wellington pics to come.

4. Kylie says:

Oh Mo!!! This truly will be the trip of a life time!! I cannot believe the beauty of New Zealand!!! Leigh- my entire life I have dreamed of travelling to your country… but the pictures of somewhere like Coromandel defy belief! The entire peninsula looks amazing… so stunning- please check any luggage for stowaways…

5. Leigh Hynes says:

Yes Coromandel is beautiful, very restful! Hope we can stay up there a few days. Also Maureen, Napier and Hastings are just 1 and half hours away well worth a day trip over there, not as picturesque as Coromandel but very interesting nevertheless, a great growing area, and have you ever done a wine tour because I am thinking we could do one there or maybe at Picton?